There are endless rental apartment decorating ideas, but the most popular option for transforming your rental into a place you can call home is removable wallpaper. This article will provide you with several creative ways to use removable wallpapers in your home.
You’ll learn how to turn a plain white rental home into an art gallery, create a vintage-inspired cozy bedroom and transform your living room into a trendy conversation starter every time you have your family and friends over.
DIY Rental Apartment Decorating
Rental apartment upgrades is a popular DIY project, and one of the most effective ways to carry them out is by using removable wallpapers. This makes it an easy way to conceal what you don’t want others to see and put your personal touch on any room in your rental apartment.
Whether you have a large or a small rental apartment the following decorating ideas using removable wallpaper are guaranteed to make it stand out:
Rental Apartment Kitchen Decorating Ideas
Successfully decorating a kitchen in a rental apartment can be tricky, depending on how much space you have. But you don’t have to be stuck with boring walls or dull cabinets!
One of the easiest ways to make the kitchen in your rental apartment your own is by using removable wallpaper as it’s easy to put up and take down, which will make your time between tenancies less stressful.
Here’s how you can use some removable wallpaper to customize your kitchen:
- Eye-catching wall accent: Depending on the size of your kitchen, maybe you only have one wall to work with. Easily make it an accent wall using your favorite color or pattern.
- Transformed cabinets: Replacing cabinets in a rental doesn’t make any sense, so a great temporary solution is to use removable wallpapers to achieve a fantastic transformation!
- Creative backsplash: Installing a backsplash can be time-consuming work, plus your landlord may not be happy with the upgrade. A much faster and temporary solution is using removable wallpapers to create a unique backsplash that is the injection of color you needed to make a bold statement.
Don’t forget about other way ways to transform your kitchen. You can hang up tapestries or posters that are removable for easy storage when you move out.
You can also use vinyl lettering to spell words on the walls, such as “kitchen,” “living room,” etc., which can be taken down at your convenience and used again wherever you move next!
Rental Apartment Living Room Decorating Ideas
If your landlord is not allowing you to paint the walls, use removable wallpapers for a quick change.
You could even get creative and install temporary wallpaper in different patterns on one wall, then take down your favorite pattern when it starts looking too old or worn out. Contrasting designs with striped wallpaper would look fabulous!
Some other fun ways to use removable wallpapers to upgrade your living room include:
- Fireplace upgrade: A fun way to transform your fireplace into an accent piece is to use removable wallpaper on a foam core board and place it as your new, trendy fireplace screen.
- Molding-framed panels: If you have leftover foam core board, you can use it to create beautiful molding-framed panels for completely customized art in your living room.
- Instant accent pieces: From your coffee tables to the frame around your windows, you can create instant accent pieces around your living room by adding a touch of removable wallpaper.
Another rental apartment decorating hack when you’re looking to transform the living room is utilizing houseplants. Plants such as spider plants and aloe help purify the air in your home and are another great way to liven up your space.
Rental Apartment Bathroom Decorating Ideas
Removable wallpaper is an easy way to dress up any bathroom, even in a rental apartment. You can choose from various colors and patterns to completely upgrade all the bathroom walls or select a mix and match look.
- Be bold: Bold patterns are great for bathrooms with traditional or modern styling. Add your favorite bold patterns from red poppies to blue boho floral.
- Add color: Adding color, especially to a small bathroom, can be intimidating. But adding relaxed and calming colors can transform even the smallest bathroom into a tranquil paradise.
- Spa transformation: Who wouldn’t want their own spa at home? Adding some removable wallpapers to the bathroom makes it possible! With the addition of bamboo plants and oil diffusers, you’ll be away to paradise instantly.
Accentuate your upgrades with matching towels and rugs, framed wall art, and beautifully wrapped soaps to complete your at-home getaway.
Rental Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas
We couldn’t talk about rental apartment upgrades without talking about the bedroom. If you’re renting an apartment and you want to make the bedroom feel like yours, removable wallpaper is a great way to do it.
Of course, you can transform your walls or create a focal point with removable wallpapers. But other creative DIY rental apartment decorating tips include:
- Room divider upgrade: Pick your favorite color or bold pattern to instantly upgrade your room divider to make it not only a handy place where to get dressed but also a beautiful accent piece for your bedroom.
- Makeover drawers and closets: No rule says that the inside of your drawers and closets have to be boring! Complete a total makeover of your storage spaces and smile every time you grab your clothes for the day.
- Make a headboard: Of course, you can upgrade your current headboard, but if you don’t have one, you can easily create the illusion with removable wallpaper to spruce up the bedroom!
How To Decorate A Rental With White Walls
The most popular request among all the rental home decorating tips deals with what most rentals have, those dreaded white walls! There are plenty of other spaces in a rental apartment that can always use an upgrade – from the entryway to the hallways.
Figuring out how to decorate an apartment with white walls can be challenging when you can’t commit to expensive changes because you’re in a rental. Peel and stick removable wallpaper can come to the rescue!
It’s a perfect, inexpensive solution when you’re looking for how to decorate a rented apartment on a budget. The best part is that removable wallpapers don’t cause any damage to your walls, and you can easily remove them when you’re ready to move or just craving another change to your space.
Rental Apartment Decorating Hacks With FancyWalls
If you are looking for living room decorating ideas, consider using removable wallpapers from fancywalls.eu.
We offer a variety of colors and designs, or you can even request your own customized wallpaper!
It is a great way to add impact and personality to your space while still keeping things simple.
What is removable wallpaper?
Removable wallpaper, also known as peel and stick, temporary or seld-adhesive wallpaper, is a type of wallpaper that doesn’t require wallpaper glue to be installed. Simply put, removable wallpaper works like a big sticker – just peel off the backing and apply it directly onto your wall or another flat surface.
Is peel and stick wallpaper renter-friendly?
Peel and stick wallpaper is a renter-friendly wall decor option due to the simple application and removal process. You don’t need any previous experience, and once you’re ready to move out from your rental you can just peel the wallpaper off the wall. Note that if you want to add wallpaper to a freshly-painted wall, it’s recommended to wait at least 4 weeks for the paint to fully cure.
How to remove peel and stick wallpaper?
In order to remove peel and stick wallpaper, start peeling the wallpaper panel off at the corner and work parallel to the surface. Try not to overstretch the material and remove the wallpaper slowly. In case it doesn’t peel off right away, you can weaken the adhesive by heating the area with a regular blow dryer.
Is peel and stick wallpaper easy to remove?
Peel and stick wallpaper is easy to remove. Start at the corner of the panel and simply peel the wallpaper panel off the surface. Don’t stretch it too much and keep it parallel to the surface and your wallpaper will come off in one piece!
Does removable wallpaper damage paint?
If your wall has been prepared properly before applying the wallpaper, removable wallpaper won’t damage the paint and the wall should remain intact after the removal. If the wall you’re planning to wallpaper has been freshly painted, it’s recommended to wait at least 4 weeks for the pain to dry completely.
How to clean walls after removing wallpaper?
To clean a wall after removing wallpaper, you’ll need a sponge, a bucket, hot water, a little bit of dish soap, and baking soda. Mix the water, dish soap, and baking soda together and soak the sponge in the water. Wipe off any adhesive leftovers with the sponge and make sure the wall is dry before you paint it again or add a fresh layer of wallpaper to it.
Loving the content on our ‘Fancy Walls’ blog?
Sign up to our free, monthly newsletter! You'll hear about our latest wallpaper designs, and the most recent design trends!